I had one of those days, you know, the one where you go to the doctor's office just to check something out and end up getting a CT scan and IV's. Nothing's too wrong with me, so don't worry. The one plus was that my mom dropped everything to drive me to where I needed to go. She kept me sane in a moment or two where I might have let myself worry, but most important she sat with me, in the quiet and we could just 'be'.
Today was a day that I had to sit back and receive, something that used to be unbelievably hard for me. I got in ministry to serve other people, not to be served. But I've learned that there is a gift in allowing someone else to use their talents in order to serve me, and that I am giving them a gift by letting them.
Right now I'm wiped, but grateful that, God willing, the least possible issue is wrong with me as opposed to the worst, and now I can rest in that knowledge. How beautiful are my friends, the ones who very quietly spread the word to a few so that they would pray for me. I'm touched by the kindness I'm surrounded with. I'm also humbled that for one of the first times, I could sit back and let others take the lead to help me. My long day is over, and now I'm going to get some rest, but I know that from now on I'm going to think more about the leader who let's others serve along side them.
No comments:
Post a Comment